Friday, June 17, 2011

Hypomanic Again

For the past few days, I've been hypomanic. I felt it over the weekend and then definitely on Monday. The reason why this episode came about is because I had tried Geodon to see if that would help raise and/or help stabilize my mood. Well, here I am up high. I'm feeling very productive, talking quite a bit, and jumping from one idea to another. For example, I started about 3 hours ago getting ready for my interview on the 28th of June. I wrote down some questions that I might ask and some that they might ask me so that I could be prepared for some questions, I grabbed my writing disk that I made 4 years ago, and then I started looking for the scholastic teacher appreciation sale online as well as Hal Higdon's 8 weeks to a 10K, and looked online for a stained glass window class. Talk about flight of ideas!

Today, my psychiatrist told me that my vitamin D levels are very low and that my TSH level is high, which indicates that I need adjustment to my levothyroxine. I started taking 5,000 IUs of Vitamin D3. I also started taking Lithium on Thursday. I will have my first level labs done on Tuesday. This is not an easy illness, making sure that all people know what is going on and making sure all my doctors are communicating with each other. Finally, the internist and psychiatrist are going to talk to each other on Friday. We'll see how that goes.

So, as we know bipolar is genetic, I finally told my mom that I saw alot of her in the symptom lists. She actually agreed! But, I know she's not going to do anything about it even though she should. So many relationships and friendships have been ruined because of her bipolarness.

Anyway, short note, I'm tired and still have to look at that writing cd before I go to bed, like I was intending to do about 2.5 hours ago!

Abby

No comments: