Tuesday, July 5, 2011

After Surgery

I had surgery to take out my gallbladder. It was done laproscopically and I only have 4 incisions across my belly. 3 over my belly and one in my belly button. The pain of the incisions has mostly gone away, but I still have some pain. I'm still taking some pain medication, but not all the time, only when I feel the pain and then it sometimes knocks me out, not always.

Let's move on to the job front. My position has been eliminated, and I am now jobless. I've never been in this position before. At least my benefits are being continued, at this point. I'm wondering if I should apply for unemployment. For some reason, I'm not really concerned about it. I'm sure it has something to do with the medications that I'm taking, which right now, is 200mg Lamictal, 750mg Seroquel, and 900mg Lithium. My mood is stable, but I can barely focus on anything to start a job search. I haven't been able to read a children's book in a couple of months.

The bipolar has continued to intrude in my life. Like above it's hard to focus and stay organized on anything. I'm also having trouble in attention to detail. Regardless, I'm trying to continue to have hope that my principal will be able to pull a position out of thin air. If not, I've got a possibility in a dream location. I just emailed someone who works in our area and asked her if she knew of any positions, just to have some sort of job prospects. I also looked at the online hr jobs posting and there were a few that I would be qualified for, but I'm so distracted and unorganized that I'm having some difficulty. This is probably something I'm going to want to talk to the pdoc about. It's something new that I had never noticed. My mood is good, but I'm unable to function other than that. That would probably impact my job prospects as well. Hmm, something to talk to him about.

Until I have a job, I am staying at home. No vacations, no fun stuff, no car trips until I've got something lined up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I appreciate your posts. Glad you're doing better!

hiking_girl said...

Thanks! I am doing better... quite a bit better. I do worry about a relapse, but I can't focus on that all the time.
I'm going to try to post more often.
Love ya!